This Nintex tutorial, we will discuss, how to add Nintex forms for Office 365 to SharePoint Online sites.
We will also discuss what are the features and benefits of using Nintex forms for Office 365 in SharePoint.
Then we will see how to install Nintex form for Office 365 into SharePoint Online sites.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
What is Nintex forms for Office 365
Nintex Forms for Office 365 allows users to quickly and easily create or customize SharePoint list forms by using the browser. It is a browser-based form designer that is used to build forms based on SharePoint Online lists.
One of the most significant differences between InfoPath and Nintex forms is the support for mobile devices provided by Nintex Forms. There are three aspects to this: support for mobile-friendly layouts; mobile apps for working with forms; and Nintex Live.
Features of Nintex forms
Below are some of the features and benefits of Nintex Forms for Office 365.
- Build forms with features that validate data, offer dynamic fields, conditional display areas, and customizable formatting for rich interaction
- Installs directly into SharePoint or Office 365 so you can create forms directly in your SharePoint sites
- Integrates with Nintex Workflow
- Integrates with other databases or business applications
- Nintex forms encrypt, authenticates and your cloud-to-Sharepoint traffic
Benefits of Nintex forms
- Quickly create, customize, preview and publish web and mobile-ready forms.
- Work straight from SharePoint or Office 365 without involving other outside applications, vendors, or partners.
- When integrated with workflow, specific workflow forms are generated which can then be customized to become its own workflow solution.
- Easily create forms from existing lists and metadata on SharePoint to work on virtually any device.
- Work online or offline on the Nintex mobile app that allows you to complete tasks, forms, and capture data from anywhere.
Step 1: Here first, I will show you how can you add “Nintex forms for Office 365” app to SharePoint Online site, so that you can use Nintex forms to customize list or document library forms.
Open your SharePoint site, go to the Settings menu on the right corner of your site -> Click on Add an app as shown below.
Step 2: It will open the apps page. Here click on SharePoint Store which you will find on the left side of your site as shown below.
Step 3: In the SharePoint Store, Choose Nintex Forms for Office 365 and click on it. Follow the below screen.
Step 4: It’s A free app, now click on “ADD IT” button.
Step 5: Now you will come to the trust page, click on “Trust it” as shown below.
Step 6: Once it is completed, App will be added on your Site Contents as shown below.
Customize List or Library form using Nintex forms for Office 365
Once you add/install Nintex forms for Office 365 into a SharePoint site collection, each list or document library will have a Nintex Forms icon in the ribbon-like below. Go to any list/library in your site, click on List/library tab. now you can find it on the ribbon as shown below.
One of the beauties of Nintex forms is it allows you to create a responsive form or a classic form. You can see below it will ask to “Choose a designer” as shown below.
If you Click on Responsive Form, Nintex Forms designer will create a responsive design list or library form like below.
Once your list form customization over and want to publish form, you can do a one-click Publish, by simply clicking on the Publish button.
If you choose Classic Form, see it looks different from the responsive form as shown below screenshot. It will design a classic form like below for the desktop layout.
But Nintex Forms also allows you to create forms for different devices like for Mobile, tablet, Desktop/Laptop etc.
Since you have added Nintex Forms for Office 365 to SharePoint Online site, you can check out below Nintex tutorials on how we can customize SharePoint Online list forms using Nintex Forms.
- How to use lookup function in Nintex forms for office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to make a field mandatory based on Dropdown selected field Value in Nintex forms for Office 365
- How to Add Custom CSS in Nintex form for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Nintex Forms: Enable or Disable Save Button Based on Checkbox (Choice field) in SharePoint Online
- Cascading dropdown in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Nintex Forms for Office 365: Show Hide Fields on Multiple Choices Checkbox in List Form in SharePoint Online
- How to implement Validations in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to Create and Customize SharePoint Online List form using Nintex forms for Office 365
- Error connecting to the workflow manager in nintex office 365
This Nintex forms for Office 365 tutorials explain the benefits and features of Nintex Forms. How can we add/install Nintex forms for Office 365 to SharePoint Online sites? And how can customize SharePoint list forms using Nintex forms for Office 365?
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”