This Nintex Forms for Office 365 tutorial, we will discuss how to enable or disable the Save button based on the checkbox (choice field) in SharePoint Online list form in Nintex forms.
Enable or Disable Save Button Based on Condition Nintex Forms for Office 365
Here I have a requirement to enable or disable Save button based on a checkbox, check or uncheck value in SharePoint online list form customized in Nintex Forms for Office 365.
Sometimes we need to enable or disable buttons based on a Yes/No field or a checkbox in Nintex forms.
I have a very simple list form in SharePoint Online which is customized using Nintex Forms for Office 365.
My requirement here is, unless the user checks the checkbox, the Save button should not be enabled. Before submitting the list form, the user needs to check the checkbox in Nintex Forms.
Step 1: Open your SharePoint Online site and then go to your list/library and from ribbon, click on Nintex forms.
Step 2: The list will open in Nintex designer as shown in fig below.
Step 3: Here I am going to add a checkbox first in the Nintex Form. Drag and Drop the checkbox (yes/no) control on the form and take label control and place it inside the checkbox control as shown below.
Step 4: Click on Save button, next go to Control tab->click on Add Rule. it was opened right side of the form, enter Name, Rule Type and Condition as shown below. here in Condition, I marked with the green color line under “CheckBox” name. It was the name of the checkbox control. For disabling button/field you can use this condition ” not(boolean) “
Step 5: Now save and Publish the Nintex form to SharePoint Online. Here you can see Save button is in disable mode because the checkbox is not checked yet.
Step 6: “Save” button will ” Enable” when you checked the checkbox as shown below.
You may like following Nintex tutorials:
- Create SharePoint Site Collection and Site using Nintex Workflow for Office 365
- Create and add a user to SharePoint Group using Nintex Workflow for office 365
- Start a Task Process Nintex Workflow Action Example
- Nintex Document Approval Workflow in SharePoint Online
- Nintex workflow examples: Copy Document, Translate Document and Web Request Workflow actions in Nintex for Office 365
- Nintex Workflow for Office 365 SharePoint Online Tutorial
- How to use lookup function in Nintex forms for office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to make a field mandatory based on Dropdown selected field Value in Nintex forms for Office 365
- How to Add Custom CSS in Nintex form for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Cascading dropdown in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to Show Hide Fields on Multiple Choices Checkbox in SharePoint Online List Form using Nintex forms for Office 365
- How to Customize SharePoint Online List form using Nintex forms for Office 365 (Part-2)
- How to Customize SharePoint Online List form using Nintex forms for Office 365 (Part-1)
- How to implement Validations in Nintex forms for Office 365 in SharePoint Online (4 Examples)
Here in this Nintex forms tutorial I have explained, how you can enable or disable Save button using Rules in Nintex Forms in SharePoint Online Office 365. We can enable or disable the Save button, based on the checkbox checked or unchecked value in Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com