In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is my membership web part in SharePoint 2016? And how to add My Membership web part to a web part page and what is the work of My Membership web part in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
What is SharePoint my membership web part
My membership web part is a web part in the community site where we can see what are the discussion made by the user in the SharePoint community site. The user can be discussed with each other. Here the user can ask the doubt and get the answer from others also.
How to add My membership web part in SharePoint
The following steps to be followed to add My membership web part in the community site page.
Step-2: Go to the gear icon click on site contents. In site content page select the “site pages”.
Step-3: In site pages in the ribbon click on “FILES”. By clicking on “FILES ” we can see “New Document “. Select the “web part page” from “New Documents”.
Step-4: Now we can see “New Web Part Page”. In “New Web Part Page” we can find the below field.
- Name- In which name we want to create the web part.
- Choose a layout template- What should be the layout design of the web part.
- Document Library- Where we want to save the web part.
I have given the name as “My membership”, choose the layout design as by default one. Here I am selecting the document library as “Site Pages”. Click on Create.
Step-5: In “Site Pages” we can find out our creating web part. Open the web part page click on “Add a web part”.
In the header part, we can find an option box. Click on My membership which comes under community.
Step-6: Now my web part is added to the web part page. While clicking on stop editing we can notice that my web part page display like below.
When we will click on Join this Community we can notice that our user is added to my membership.
We can see our My membership page look below.
In this web part, we can see the following things.
- When the user is joined in a community site.
- How many discussion is done in a community site?
- How many replies have come?
- Which one are the best replies among all replies?
Below we can see an option Leave this community. By clicking on that user can leave the community site.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
In this post, we discussed what is My membership web part. How to add this web part in web part page in a community site. We were also discussed what is the use of My membership web part in SharePoint 2016.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”