Recently when I was trying to install the SharePoint server 2016 in windows server 2016, when I run the prerequisitesinstaller.exe it gave me the below error which says “Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native Client: download error” as shown in the given figure.
Microsoft sql server 2012 native client download error
To solve this problem, we have to download and install “Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native client” in windows server 2016.
First, download Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Native client Setup from this link and then click on the setup file to start the installation. This will show the below screen, click Next.
In this Microsoft software license agreement, select “I accept the terms in the license agreement” and click to next.
In ‘Feature Selection’, it will show the ‘SQL Server Native Client SDK’. Just click on next.
Here the installation will happen and after some time it will finish.
Once the installation will over, when you run the PrerequisiteInstaller.exe file, the error will not come.
Read some SharePoint tutorial:
- Team site and publishing site in SharePoint 2016
- Microsoft .net framework 4.6 installation error SharePoint 2016
- Create a task scheduler in windows 10 for SharePoint
- SharePoint_Config (Suspect) issue in SharePoint 2019/2016/2013
- http error 400. the size of the request headers is too long. sharepoint online
- The expected version of the product was not found on the system error while Installing SharePoint designer 2013
- microsoft sync framework runtime v1.0 sp1 (x64) download error sharepoint 2016
- Windows Server Appfabric: download error
- The RPC server is unavailable error in SharePoint 2016
This tutorial, we learned how to fix error, Microsoft SQL Server 2012 native client download error during installation of SharePoint server 2016.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”