In this Microsoft Flow tutorial, we will discuss how we can use “When a message is posted on a group, create a SharePoint list item” Microsoft Flow Template in SharePoint Online Office 365.
To create Microsoft Flow in SharePoint Online Office 365, Click on “App launcher” and then “Flow“.
Check Out Microsoft Flow and PowerApps Video Training Course (Lifetime Access)
In the Microsoft Flow page, Go to “Templates” which is present in the left navigation. Search the template name as “When a message is posted on a group, Create a SharePoint list item“. Then you can get your template as shown in below screenshot. Just click on that template.
In this template, you can see the there is an action present name as: “When there is a new message in a group“. This action is having two fields as:
- Group Id: Provide your Yammer group Id. Once you will provide the yammer group ID, it will take the Yammer group name automatically. As in this example, I have created a yammer group as “TSInfo group“. So while I have provided the group ID, It took the yammer group name automatically.
- Network Id: Enter your Yammer Network Id. For this example, My Yammer network Id is “TSInfo Technologies“.
To create SharePoint list item, add another action by clicking on “+” symbol or by using “+New step“. Add an action “Create item” (By default, this action will be present in that template). This action is having these below fields:
- Site Address: Enter your Site Address URL where the item will create.
- List Name: Specify the name of the list where the item will create. Here, I have created a SharePoint Online List as “Yammer Group Data“.
- Title: Enter the Title field from the “Expression” of dynamic content.
- Yammer Data Created Time: This is the column field which I have created in my SharePoint List (Yammer Group Data). I have entered this field value from the dynamic content.
- Yammer Description: This is another column field which I have created in my SharePoint List (Yammer Group Data). Here also, I have entered this field value from the dynamic content.
NOTE: Here you can not add directly the title field from the “Dynamic content”. So for that, Click on “Add dynamic content“-> “Expression“-> type “triggerBody(‘title’)” in search box-> Click on “OK” as shown in given below.
Here you can see the full structure of the Microsoft flow template (When a message is posted on a group, Create a SharePoint list item ). Once all things will over, Click on “Save“. Now click on “Flow Checker” whether there is error or not and if not, then “Test” the flow as shown in below figure.
To test the flow for the first time, select the option as: “I’ll perform the trigger action” and click on “Test” as like the below screenshot.
To test the flow, it will ask you to add a message in the Yammer group. In this example, I have added an announcement message in my Yammer group (
Once you will add a message on the Yammer group, then your flow run will complete successfully and you can see a status message in the flow page as like the below screenshot.
Now go to your SharePoint List which you have created before in the SharePoint Online Site. Then you can see the Yammer group message via the SharePoint List item
If you are new to Microsoft Flow, then read few detailed articles on Microsoft Flow:
- Microsoft Flow Step by Step Tutorial with Examples
- Microsoft Flow
Example :Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy Files from SharePoint to PC
- Microsoft Flow Example: Automatically create a profile for a new candidate
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy new files from your PC to SharePoint Online Document Libray
- Microsoft Flow Example: Email notification after approval from a SharePoint list
- Run Flows on a schedule Microsoft flow
- Power Automate Concatenate String
Hence, In this Microsoft Flow tutorial, We discussed a Microsoft Flow demo on “When a message is posted on a group, Create a SharePoint list item” Microsoft Flow template in SharePoint Online Office 365. Hope this will be helpful.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com