In this Microsoft Flow tutorial, we will discuss how we can use “Automatically create a profile for a new candidate” Microsoft Flow Template in SharePoint Online Office 365.
This “Automatically create a profile for a new candidate” Microsoft Flow Template assists that, When a user will submit one response, it will create a profile automatically for that specific user in SharePoint Online List.
Check Out Microsoft Flow and PowerApps Training Course (Lifetime Access)
If you are new to Microsoft Flow, then read a detailed article on Microsoft Flow:
- Microsoft Flow Step by Step Tutorial with Examples
- Microsoft Flow Example: Send a customized email when a new SharePoint list item is added
- Microsoft Flow Example: When a message is posted on a group, Create a SharePoint list item
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy Files from SharePoint to PC
- Microsoft Flow Example: Copy new files from your PC to SharePoint Online Document Libray
- Microsoft Flow Example: Email notification after approval from a SharePoint list
- Schedule a Microsoft flow
Microsoft Flow on “Automatically create a profile for a new candidate”
Before going to this Microsoft Flow template, Create a Response form by using Microsoft Form in SharePoint Online Office 365. I have created a Microsoft Form as shown in below:
To create a Microsoft Flow, First of all, Sign in your Microsoft Office 365 account. After signing in the Microsoft Office 365 account, go to “App launcher” and then click on “Flow“.
In the Microsoft Flow page, Go to “Templates” which is present in the left navigation. Search the template name as “Automatically create a profile for a new candidate“ in the search box. Then you can get your Microsoft Flow Template as shown in below screenshot. Just click on that template.
In this Microsoft Flow Template, you can see the there is an action present (By default) which name as: “Automatically create a profile for a new candidate“. This action is having one mandatory field as:
- Form Id: Provide your ID of the Microsoft Form. Once you will provide the ID, it will take the Microsoft Form name automatically. As in this example, I have created a Microsoft Form as “Team Outing“. So while I have provided the Form ID, It took the form name automatically.
Also, By default, there is an another action will be present name as “Get response details“. It is having two fields as:
- Form Id: Similarly, here also enter your ID of the Microsoft Form. Once you will provide the ID, it will take the Microsoft Form name automatically.
- Response Id: By default, this field will be taken from dynamic content. If not, then enter this field from the dynamic content.
Note:“Apply to each” is a by default action which is having by default field from the dynamic content. This field helps to select an output from previous steps.
Add an action as “Create item” (By default, this action will be present in that template) which helps to create the profile for a new candidate. This action is having these below fields:
- Site Address: Enter your SharePoint Site Address URL.
- List Name: Specify the name of the SharePoint Online List where the candidate profile will create. Here, I have created a SharePoint Online List as “Microsoft Form Candidate Profile“.
- Title: Enter the Title field from the dynamic content as “Responder’s Email“. As I need that candidate email, So I have chosen this content.
- Form Submission Date: This is the column field which I have created in my SharePoint List (Microsoft Form Candidate Profile). Enter this field from the dynamic content as “Submission time“. As I need a submission date of a candidate, So I have chosen this “Submission time” content.
Here you can see the full structure of Microsoft flow template (Automatically create a profile for a new candidate). Once all things will over, Click on “Save“. Now click on “Flow Checker” whether there is error or not and if not, then “Test” the flow as shown in below figure.
To test the flow for the first time, Select the option as: “I’ll perform the trigger action” and click on “Test” as like below screenshot.
To test the flow, You have to submit a Response Form. You can see one of my response form looks like the below screenshot.
Once you will submit your response form, then your flow run will complete successfully. You can see a status message in the flow page as like below screenshot.
Now go to your SharePoint List which you have created before in the SharePoint Online Site. For this example, I have created a SharePoint Online List as “Microsoft Form Candidate Profile“. In this list, You can see the candidate profile will create via a
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- PowerApps upload file to SharePoint Online document library using Microsoft Flow
- [Solved] Site assets library missing in SharePoint Online/2019/2016/2013
- SharePoint Online Development using Patterns and Practices (PnP)
- The managed metadata service or connection is currently not available SharePoint online
- SharePoint Online Automation: Upload Files Remotely to SharePoint Online Document Library using PowerShell
- How to add Link to a Document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
Hence, In this Microsoft Flow tutorial, We discussed a Microsoft Flow demo on “Automatically create a profile for a new candidate” Microsoft Flow template in SharePoint Online Office 365. Hope this will be helpful.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com