In the Office 365 admin center or in Microsoft 365 admin center, you can set various admin roles to users in your organization. Each admin role allows users to specific tasks in Office 365. Microsoft renamed the Password administrator role to the Helpdesk administrator role.
Office 365 administrator roles are:
- Global administrator
- Dynamics 365 service administrator
- Customer Lockbox access approver
- Exchange administrator
- Helpdesk (Password) administrator (Renamed from Password to Helpdesk)
- License administrator
- Skype for Business administrator
- Message Center reader
- Power BI service administrator
- Reports reader
- Service administrator
- SharePoint administrator
- Teams Communications Administrator
- Teams Communications Support Engineer
- Teams Communications Support Specialist
- Teams Service Administrator
- User management administrator etc.
Password administrator renamed to Helpdesk administrator:
Password administrator role has been renamed to Helpdesk administrator in Office 365 admin center.
Helpdesk administrator role users can reset passwords, manage support tickets, and monitor service health. But they can not reset passwords for global administrators.
The roles change will now reflects in Microsoft 365 admin center like below:
You may like following Office 365 tutorials:
- SharePoint Online Office 365 enable or disable user account
- How to Customize Office 365 login page SharePoint Online
- What is Shared mailbox in Office 365? How to create and access SharePoint mailbox in Office 365?
- Office 365 Export – Take 100% Backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST Easily
- Join Office 365 Developer Program and Get One Year FREE Office 365 Developer Subscription
- Set Password never expires for Office 365 SharePoint Users
- Office 365 incoming and outgoing mail server details
- How to set Targeted release or First Release in Office 365 tenant?
- Working with Microsoft Office 365 Groups Step by Step Tutorial
There will be no action from you as an Office 365 admin, the changes will be reflected automatically. You can check this article to know more about Office 365 admin roles.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com