In this SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is a Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016? And how to add and use Media Web Part with an example in SharePoint 2016. The same way we can use the media web part in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint Online.
Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
SharePoint Media Web Part is a Web Part that is used to store the different types of media files like Audio, Video, etc.
Add Media Web Part to a Web Part page SharePoint 2016
Here we will see how to add a media web part to a web part page in SharePoint 2016. If you have not created a web part page, first create a web part page in SharePoint 2016.
Then to add a Media Web Part, follow the below steps-
Before adding the Media Web Part, First, we have to upload a new video/Audio in the “Site Assets”.
Edit the web part page and then click on Add a web part link to add a web part in the page.
From the categories, select Media web part from Media and Content category.
After adding the Media Web Part, here it will show the Web Part named as “Media Web Part” like as below screenshot.
Go to the “.” Symbol which is present in the right side of “Media Web Part”. Then go to the “Edit Web Part” as like below.
Here go to the “MEDIA” which is present at the top of the Web Part page. Then click on to “Change Media”.
Here we can show the various options like “From Computer“, where we can select the media from Computer.
We can select the media from “From SharePoint” where the media is present in Site Assets.
From Address, here we can give the link as any URL address from the Internet. Here I selected “From SharePoint”. So that I can select the media from Site Assets.
After inserting the Media from “SharePoint”, an Asset page will come for selecting the Media. Click on “Site Assets” and that Media. Then click on “Insert”.
After “Stop Inheriting”, the Media will display to us. Here click on Play button, then the video will run like the below screenshot.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned what is a Media Web Part and how to add Media Web Part in a web part page in SharePoint 2013/2016 or SharePoint Online.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”