In this article, we will discuss what is join web part in SharePoint 2016? How to add join web part in a community site in SharePoint 2016. We can also use the join web part in the same as SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
The community site is a site template, where users of our community share idea and learns from each other. User can be discussed and share idea between community members.
What is join web part?
Join web part is a web part which is used to join user to our community in SharePoint.
How to create a site collection in the community site?
The following steps to be followed to create a site collection in a community site.
Step-1: Go to central admin. Click on Application Management. In application management under site collection, we can see “Create site collections”(the highlighted one).
Step-2: We can get create site collection page . Here we can see the following field:
- Title – In which title we want to create a site collection
- Description- We can give a description of the title.
- URL- which URL we want to give for the site collection
- Select a template- Here we have to choose the community site.
After filling details, click on OK. Now our site collection is created. We can check our site collection is created or not from “View all site collection”.
Step-3: We can get our site page by giving the URL in a browser. This is our community page.
Step-4: On gear, option click on site content. We will get a page like below. Click on site pages.
Step-5: In site, pages click on “FILES” which is present on the ribbon. Select the web part page.
Step-6: We will get a new web part page. Here we can see the following field
- Name- What we want to give the name of the web part page.
- Choice a Layout Template- We can choose the layout design of a web part page.
- Document Library- where we want to save our web part.
I have to give the name as “JoinWebPart”, Choose a layout Template as “Header, Footer, 3 Column” and Document Library as “Site Pages”.
Click on create.
Step-7: Now we can see our web part is created. Click on “Add a web part” in the header part we can find the options click on “Join” which is present in Community. Click on add.
Step-8: We can see our join web part is added but it is showing this web part will not appear who are already community member. So we have to open the site in another user.
Step-9: But while we are opening the site page in different user we can find the page like below means the new user is joined to our community site.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
In this post, we discussed what is the community site in SharePoint 2016? How to create a community site and how to add a join web part in community site in SharePoint 2016.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”