This InfoPath tutorial, we will discuss how to fix an error that comes while publishing InfoPath form to SharePoint online site. While publishing InfoPath form to SharePoint online we got the below error: InfoPath failed to publish because the default content type in the document library is not based on the Form content type. The error looks like below:
InfoPath failed to publish because the default content type in the document library is not based on the Form content type
Open SharePoint Online site, go to site settings and click on “Manage site features” which in under “Site Actions”. And in “Site Features” page, search for “Team Collaboration Lists” and activate the feature.
Then in the Publishing Wizard, choose “Form Library” option like below and you can choose to create a new form library or you can choose any existing form library.
Read some similar InfoPath tutorials:
- InfoPath alternatives for designing SharePoint Forms
- How to publish InfoPath forms as a content type in SharePoint 2013?
- Deploy Administration approved InfoPath forms in SharePoint 2013
- Make attachment field mandatory in InfoPath Designer 2013 in SharePoint Online list
- InfoPath 2013 show hide section using Rules in SharePoint online
- Impact on InfoPath in modern UI in SharePoint online office 365
- Create and Use Content type hub in SharePoint Online/2013/2016/2019
- InfoPath cannot save the following form access denied SharePoint Online
The InfoPath form will be published successfully to SharePoint online site.
This tutorial, we learned how to fix error, InfoPath failed to publish because the default content type in the document library is not based on the Form content type.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”