This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss what is Image Viewer web part is in SharePoint 2016. Also, we will discuss how to add and customize the image viewer web part on the web part page in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online. Image viewer web part works in the same way in SharePoint 2013 also.
Image Viewer web part in SharePoint
By using the Image Viewer web part, we can add images to the SharePoint site. We can use the image viewer web part in SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013 and SharePoint Online Office 365.
We can add images from a local computer, from any SharePoint libraries, or links from other locations on your site or the web. We can easily add an image viewer web part into a web part page and can display images.
Add an image viewer web part in web part page in SharePoint
Following steps to be followed to add image viewer in the web part page and what is the work of the image viewer web part in SharePoint.
Step-1:Create a web part page in a SharePoint site. Click on “Add a web part“. Select the “Image Viewer” web part from “Media and Content”. Click on Add.
Step-2: We can see our web part is added to our web part page. Click on the right side corner drop-down symbol. Now click on Edit Web Part.
Step-3: In the properties dialogue box we can see the following web part
- Test Link– Here we have to give the URL of an item that we want to display.
- Alternative Text– Here we have to give an alternative text.
- Image vertical alignment– Vertically where you want to place the image. For example, here I am choosing Top Alignment.
- Image Horizontal alignment– Horizontally where we want to place the image.
- Web Part back round color– We can choose the web part back round color here.
Step-4: Create a SharePoint list. Here I am creating the list named as DemoPic.
Step-5: Add a pic then copy the URL and save in notepad.
Step-6: Again go to the properties page of the image viewer web part. Click on Apply then ok.
Step-7: Now we can see our image in the web part page.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
This SharePoint tutorial, we learned, what is an image viewer web part in SharePoint? How to display images by using an image viewer web part. We also saw how to add an image viewer web part to a web part page in SharePoint 2016/2013 or SharePoint Online.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”