We can extract an .stp file and then how we can make an .stp file from the extracted files in SharePoint. We have created a custom list template which usually saves as a .stp file. After saving this .stp file we wanted to modify something in the manifest.xml file
First, you can extract the .stp file. Here I have used 7-Zip to extract it like below:
Once it is successfully extracted, you can see the manifest.xml file.
Then you can modify the file using Notepad or Notepad++ (any editor you can use). Once the modification over we can run the below command to create the .stp file again.
Here I have kept the manifest.xml file in the d drive and running the below command.
makecab.exe manifest.xml WorkflowMailTemplates.stp
You may like following SharePoint Online tutorials:
- Create a list from list template in SharePoint Online 2013 programmatically
- SharePoint Online Office 365: Delete and Restore Site Collection using PowerShell
- CAML Query for SharePoint Boolean Field using SharePoint Online Client Object Model (CSOM)
- SharePoint Online: Create an indexed column in a list Programmatically using CSOM .Net managed object model code using visual studio 2017/2015
- You cannot change moderation status and set other item properties at that same time SharePoint online csom
- [Solved] the request message is too big. the server does not allow messages larger than 2097152 bytes in SharePoint online visual studio 2015/2017 workflow
- SharePoint Online Office 365: how to increase SharePoint Online site storage quota
- Another site or list is still using this content type. If you would still like to delete it please remove the content type from all sites and lists and then try again
- Copy SharePoint list items to another list programmatically using CSOM in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- Difference between SharePoint online and SharePoint on-premise
Hope this will be helpful to know how to extract .stp file and make .stp file in SharePoint Online and how to change in manifest.xml file in SharePoint.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com