If you have any plan to migrate from Google G Suite to Office 365, then the wait is over, Microsoft started rolling out Google G Suite to Office 365 migration tools. If still, the option is not available in your Office 365 tenant then, maybe in a week or two, the new feature will be available in your tenant. You can see G Suite (Gmail) migration option under the Migration tab in the Exchange Admin Center in Office 365.
Lots of companies nowadays switching from Google Apps to Office 365 and this G Suite to Office 365 migration tool will help to migrate Google G Suite to Office 365.
Previously, Microsoft announced that they were working on G Suite to Office 365 migration tools and here it is now.
The Google G Suite to Office 365 migration tools helps to migrate Google G Suite emails to Office 365 including Google G Suite calendars and contacts.
To know, how to start with G Suite to Office 365 migration tools, check out Perform a G Suite migration for more information.
MRS (Mailbox Replication Service) is the principal mechanism used to move mailbox data from G Suite to Office 365 including mailbox data, messages, contacts, and calendar items. Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Replication Service (MRS) is a component that handles mailbox import, export, migration, and restoration for Exchange and Office 365.
Mail data is currently migrated using the IMAP protocol. You can only migrate items in a user’s inbox or other mail folders. It does not support migration of contacts, calendar items, or tasks. And you can migrate a maximum of 500,000 items from a user’s mailbox. The biggest email you can migrate is 35 MB. You can check more here.
The detailed steps of Migrate G Suite mailboxes to Office 365 has been given in this Microsoft article.
On the other hand, Google has already released G Suite Migration for Microsoft Exchange Tool to email, contacts, calendar, and Public Folder data from on-premise and hosted Microsoft Exchange to G Suite. It supports just from a few users to tens of thousands of users.
You may like following Office 365 tutorials:
- Term Store Management in SharePoint Online Office 365 (Step by Step Tutorial)
- Steps to Migrate email from one Office 365 tenant to another Office 365 tenant
- Office 365 DLP Policy Stuck Deleting Security & Compliance Center
- How to Backup Office 365 Mailboxes Emails and Data – eDiscovery Tool
- Delete site collection in SharePoint Online Office 365 and SharePoint 2013/2016/2019
- What is Shared mailbox in Office 365? How to create and access SharePoint mailbox in Office 365?
- SharePoint Online Office 365 enable or disable user account
- How to Customize Office 365 login page SharePoint Online
- Office 365 Export – Take 100% Backup Office 365 Mailbox to PST Easily
- How to add a new user and assign a license in Office 365
Migrate Google G Suite mailbox, messages, contacts, and calendar items to Office 365.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com