In this topic, we will discuss what is Get Started with your Site web part in SharePoint 2016 and how we can add and customization Get Started With Your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016. If you are new to SharePoint 2016, Download SharePoint 2016 installation PDF guide free.
What is a Get Started With your Site web part?
We can find this Web Parts from Media and Content Category, this web part displays a set of tiles with common SharePoint actions. It creates quick links or highlights site links and displays Microsoft modern style look and feel with different navigation modes. It provides a series of five quick links displayed as tiles that link to common tasks associated with building a new collaboration site.
How to add Get Started with your Site web Part?
Create a web part page from site pages with appropriate with appropriate Layout Template and click on add a web part and check for media and content from the category list followed by Get started with your site and then on ok.
Clicking on ok we get a web part created with five quick link displays.
These include sharing your site
Clicking this tile results in a popup enabling you to configure access permissions
Working on a deadline?
Clicking this tile displays a popup listing links to the Tasks and Calendar lists
Add Lists libraries and other apps
Clicking this tile navigates the browser to the Site Contents page
What’s your style?
Clicking this tile navigates the browser to the Change the look page
Clicking this tile navigates the browser to the Title, description and logo page.
Click on edit web part from the menu, down arrow to edit, where you can see different properties appearance layout and advanced. Here we can change or customise look and feel.
Right most side we get property list which contains Appliance layout and advanced where we can fix height width chrome state and type.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
Hence we discussed what is Get started with your Site web part and properties in SharePoint 2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com