In this SharePoint Tutorial, we will discuss how to export excel table data to the SharePoint Online list? The same way we can export excel table data to SharePoint 2016/2013/2010 list.
You may also like:
- Creating Excel without MS-Office Installation
- Publishing and Synchronizing Excel tables to SharePoint 2013/2016/Online Lists using Excel Add-in
- Export Excel Data to SharePoint list from Excel itself
- Upload Excel Data to SharePoint using Import Spreadsheet option in SharePoint
How to format Excel File into Tabular Format?
We have to first format the Excel File into Table before exporting to SharePoint online list. Open your Excel File which you want to format as Table. The excel has few columns as:
- Joining Date
And the list has some data which we need to format as a table.
So I have selected the data part which I want to make as a table. Then I went to the File option which is present at the top of the Excel File. Then clicked on to the Format as Table option to select the table style like as below screenshot.
Then it will ask the range for which you want to make to the table like below, Just click on OK.
Export Excel Table Data to SharePoint Online List
After formatting the Excel File to a table, You can see the table design of that Excel File like below screenshot.
Now go to the “Design” option which is present at the Top of the Excel File. Then click on to “Export” for exporting the table to SharePoint List. Select the “Export Table to SharePoint List” option from the “Export” drop down.
Here in this screenshot, It is representing the Export Table to SharePoint List. So for publishing that Excel Table provide the below details:
- Address: SharePoint site URL where you want to export this excel data.
- Name: Name of the table, it will create a list with the same name
- Description: Description of the table.
It will load the SharePoint Online Site, It will ask you for signing in to your SharePoint Site. So give your User account name which will help for opening the SharePoint site.
Then click on to “Next”. After clicking “Next”, It will ask you for giving the Password of that SharePoint Site. Just give that “Password” and click on to “Sign in” for opening the SharePoint Site.
Now in this screenshot, It is displaying that all the Column which you created in that Excel File, That all the column, will be showing here with their specific “Data Type”.
For Example, I have created a column in the Excel File as “Employee”. So it is displaying that Employee Column is a “text”(single line) data type. Then click on to “Finish” for finishing the process of Excel table in SharePoint Online.
Once you click on Finish, you can see it will display the successful message like “The table was successfully published and may be viewed on: https://SiteURL”.
Now when you will open SharePoint site and go to Site Contents page, you can see it already created a list.
If you will open the list, you can see the list data as well. Here below you can see the column name as ID1, because already ID is an out of box column exists. so it created a column as ID1.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- The RPC server is unavailable error in SharePoint 2016
- Minimal download strategy (MDS) in SharePoint
- Retrieve all users from all groups using jsom in SharePoint Online
- How to create SharePoint list using jsom
- SharePoint list View Tutorial
- How to Create Custom Permission Level in SharePoint
- SharePoint Promoted Links tutorial
- Create subsite in SharePoint programmatically using csom visual studio
- Create a Choice type Site Column in SharePoint Hosted Add-in using Visual Studio
- How to configure SSRS in SharePoint 2013/2016
- http error 400. the size of the request headers is too long. sharepoint online
- Server side updates have been installed. Restart SharePoint designer to get the latest version updated
In this SharePoint tutorial, we learned how to export the Excel table data into the SharePoint Online list. The same way we can export excel list data to SharePoint 2016, SharePoint 2013, etc.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com