If you are developing a SharePoint hosted add-in or provider hosted add-in using visual studio 2015 or visual studio 2017, you may get the below error:
Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install App for SharePoint’: Sideloading of apps is not enabled on this site
The error looks like below while deploying SharePoint Add-in.
This error comes because of the URL we provide while developing an add-in in SharePoint. SharePoint App sideloading feature allows a developer to install a SharePoint app directly into a site to explicitly bypass the regular governance controls of SharePoint.
Microsoft provides a new type of site, know as Developer site (Created by using Developer site template) to work with app development. These sites are specially designed for SharePoint Add-in developers to install and test apps before they are released to the store or app catalog or add-in catalog.
So the solution to this error is to create a developer site and use the developer site to create your SharePoint hosted add-in or provider-hosted add-in. You can read steps to create a developer site in SharePoint Online Office 365.
You can read an article on How to create provider hosted app in SharePoint online
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Term Store Management in SharePoint Online Office 365 (Step by Step Tutorial)
- Difference between team site and publishing site in SharePoint
- you are being redirected to the following URL that was not registered as the app launch URL
- Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’: An instance of this App already exists at the specified location.
- Error occurred in deployment step ‘Install SharePoint Add-in’: The remote server returned an error: (503) Server unavailable
- Bind SharePoint Online Host Web List Data to Dropdownlist in SharePoint Hosted Add-in
- Display List items in HTML Table using JSOM in SharePoint Hosted App
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com