Recently I was trying Nintex forms for Office 365 and Nintex Workflows for Office 365 in Office 365 SharePoint Online site collection. When I try to create a site workflow using Nintex Workflow for Office 365, it gave an error as “Error connecting to the workflow manager.” The error looks like below.
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
Error connecting to the workflow manager
The error was coming in Nintex workflows for Office 365 while creating a site workflow. I was able to create list workflows. The issues were coming in site workflows.
We have to do the below two things to solve the issue.
- Add Sites to Trusted Sites
- Deactivate/Activate “Workflows can use app permissions” feature
Add Sites to Trusted Sites:
Open Internet Explorer and click on Tools -> Internet Options. Then in the Internet Options dialog box, click on Security tab -> Trusted sites and then click on Sites like below:
Then in the Trusted Sites dialog box, add the below two URLs. Also to make sure to uncheck “Require server verifications (https:) for all sites in this zone” checkbox.
Click on OK and Close the Internet Options dialog box.
Deactivate/Activate “Workflows can use app permissions” feature:
Now we need to activate/reactivate “Workflows can use app permissions” feature. Open SharePoint Online site and then click on Gear icon -> Site Settings.
Then in the Site settings page, click on “Manage site features” which is under “Site Actions”.
Then in the Site Features page, search for “Workflow can use app permissions”, click on Deactivate and Activate the feature like below:
After this close the browser and try opening the Nintex workflow in the browser and create site workflow, it should be fine.
Read some Nintex tutorials:
- How to Add Nintex forms for Office 365 to SharePoint Online Sites?
- Create SharePoint Site Collection and Site using Nintex Workflow for Office 365
- Nintex Workflow for office 365: Create user in Office 365 and Add User to SharePoint Group
- How to use Start a Task Process Action in Nintex Workflow for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Document Approval Workflow in Nintex Workflow for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Nintex workflow examples: Copy Document, Translate Document and Web Request Workflow actions in Nintex for Office 365
- Step by Step Nintex Workflow tutorial for Office 365 SharePoint Online
I hope this will be helpful to fix error Error connecting to the workflow manager Nintex.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”