Are you familiar with TDS and its usage in Power Platform Admin Center? Well, in this Dataverse tutorial, we’ll talk about the TDS in Power Platform Admin Center and its uses.
Additionally, We will see how to enable and disable TDS endpoint in Microsoft Power Platform Admin Center.
What is TDS in Power Platform Admin Center
Tabular Data Stream is known as TDS in Power Platform Admin Center. TDS is both a protocol and a Dataverse endpoint.
With the help of this endpoint, we may create a connection with the Dataverse and have access to the data in environments running Power Platform.
For reporting and analytics, this endpoint enables read-only access to the system. System Administrators are in charge of managing TDS endpoints.
The nice thing is that you can access the data according to the security roles Power Platform Admin Center has assigned you.
As we know, the Power BI Desktop is used to create reports on the data sets. From the Power BI desktop, you may connect to Power Platform environments and build Power BI Dashboards/Reports with native security by using this Dataverse DTS.
Enable TDS in Power Platform Admin Center
Here, We will see how to enable the TDS endpoint in Power Platform Admin Center. Follow the instructions below to do so:
Step – 1:
- Log in to Power Platform Admin Center with your valid Microsoft Credentials.
Step – 2:
- Next, the Power Platform Admin Center (PPAC) Home page will open. Go to the Environments from the left navigation.
- Select your specific Environment name [like tsinfotechnologies (default)] and then click on Settings from the top as shown below.
- Also, we can follow the below approach to get the environment settings option:
- Click on the specific environment link [tsinfotechnologies (default)] and then it will redirect to that specific environment page where you can see all the environment details (like Environment URL, State, Region, etc.).
- Tap on the Settings option from the top of the page.
Step – 3:
- On the Settings page, Expand Product and click on Features.
Step – 4:
- Under the TDS endpoint section, Enable TDS endpoint toggle. Make sure it is turned on by clicking on Activate TDS endpoint.
- The TDS endpoint will initially be enabled by default. If it was previously deactivated, turn it on or enable it.
Step – 5:
- Finally, to save this setting, click Save as shown in the screenshot below.
This is how we can enable TDS endpoint in Microsoft Power Platform Admin Center.
Disable TDS in Power Platform Admin Center
Now we will see how to disable TDS in Power Platform Admin Center.
- To disable the TDS, we can follow the same above steps i.e. from Step – 1 to Step – 3.
- Next, under the TDS endpoint section, turn off the Enable TDS endpoint.
- Click on Save.
This is how we can disable TDS endpoint in Power Platform Admin Center.
Furthermore, you may like some more Dataverse and Power BI tutorials:
- How to Detect Text in Dataverse Using AI Builder
- How to Update a Row in Dataverse Using Power Automate
- Power Apps Dataverse Yes/No Field
- Power BI integration with PowerApps Portals
- How to Get Power Apps Environment ID
In this Dataverse tutorial, We discussed the TDS endpoint in Power Platform Admin Center and its uses.
Also, We saw how to enable and disable TDS endpoint in Microsoft Power Platform Admin Center.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com