This SharePoint tutorial explains, how we can enable or disable Notebook link in SharePoint Online classic sites as well as SharePoint Online modern sites.
We will see how can we hide Notebook link from left navigation of a SharePoint Online classic or SharePoint Online modern sites.
We can see that in the below screenshot, there is a “Notebook” option is present at the left navigation in the SharePoint Online site.
To disable Notebook option from SharePoint Online site navigation, follow the below steps.
Go to “Settings” (Gear icon) option which is present at the top of the page. Then click on “Site information“.
Note: In Classic SharePoint, there will be directly present the “Site Settings” option inside the “Settings” icon
The below screenshot represents the Site information edit page. Click on “View all site settings” as shown below.
Click on “Manage site features” which is present under the “Site Actions“.
Within the “Manage site features“, you can see there is a lot of features are present to activate and deactivate. Those you don’t want to visible, you can directly deactivate that feature from here.
Go to “Site Notebook” feature and click on “Deactivate” option.
Once you will click on “Deactivate“, it will display like the below screenshot. Just click on “Deactivate this feature“. Then after the “Notebook” feature will be deactivated or disabled from the left navigation.
Now go to your Home page, then you can see that there will not be visible the “Notebook” option in the left navigation as shown below.
You may like following SharePoint Online customization tutorials:
- How to move from classic to modern experience in SharePoint online list or document library?
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- Quick Chart Web Part in Modern SharePoint Online Site
- How to Add List View Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
- View in File Explorer is missing in SharePoint Online Modern document library
- Sync SharePoint Online Document Library with OneDrive and Work with Files Offline
- SharePoint Online Image Slider or Carousel Example
- Make Title field read-only using SPClientTempltes and JSLink in SharePoint Online
Hence in this SharePoint article, We discussed that how to remove or how to enable and disable the Notebook from Modern SharePoint Online and also from the Classic SharePoint site.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”