This is another Nintex tutorial, where we will discuss how to customize SharePoint Online list form using Nintex forms for Office 365.
You can check the part-1, How to Customize SharePoint Online List form using Nintex forms for Office 365 (Part-1)
Here we will discuss how to add controls inside a panel in Nintex forms and how to add borders to the controls in Nintex forms.
How to add a panel on Nintex forms?
If you are new to Nintex forms, then read my previous post on How to Add Nintex forms for Office 365 to SharePoint Online Sites?
- Open your SharePoint Online list and from Ribbon click on “Nintex Forms” which will open Nintex form designer. Go to the “Form controls” on the left side of the Nintex form, select panel control as shown below.
- Drag the panel onto the Nintex form and increase the size of the panel and enter the name of the panel in the panel “settings” and for adding
colorsclick on “More Settings” as shown below.
- For adding colors and borders for the panel, click on “More Settings” and change colors as shown below
Add Controls to the Panel in Nintex Forms
For adding controls on the panel in Nintex forms, just select control and drag them into the panel as shown below.
For the controls , I have selected borders and colors as shown below.
After adding borders to the controls see the below screenshot.
Do the changes on remaining controls as you like.
Take another panel named it as “Personal Details” and place the address panel in it and remaining controls are add in the personal details panel.
Preview and Publish Nintex form
- After complete design, for preview the form, go to control->click on preview, it will show “preview settings “window.
- Click on “Generate Preview”.
- Next Save and Publish the form.
- Click on Publish button, after publishing the form, it will show you successful message “form Published Successfully” and click OK as shown below.
- Come back to your site, go to your list and click on “new item” then form will appear as shown below.
Check out below Nintex tutorials which we can use to customize SharePoint Online list forms:
- Create and add a user to SharePoint Group using Nintex Workflow for office 365
- How to use lookup function in Nintex forms for office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to make a field mandatory based on Dropdown selected field Value in Nintex forms for Office 365
- How to Add Custom CSS in Nintex form for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Nintex Forms: Enable or Disable Save Button Based on Checkbox (Choice field) in SharePoint Online
- Cascading dropdown in Nintex forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to Show Hide Fields on Multiple Choices Checkbox in SharePoint Online List Form using Nintex forms for Office 365
- How to implement Validations in Nintex forms for Office 365 in SharePoint Online (4 Examples)
Have you seen the above form, I have placed the control in different ways in the different panel in
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com