In this SharePoint 2019 (On-premise) tutorial, We will discuss how we can create a Modern Team Site in SharePoint 2019 (On-premise). And also we will see how the Modern SharePoint 2019 (On-premise) Home page looks like.
If you are new to SharePoint 2019, download a FREE PDF which explains SharePoint Server 2019 installation steps and new features.
Before creating Modern Team Site in SharePoint 2019 (On-premise), You must ensure that the SharePoint 2019 Central Administration should be running.
Create Modern Team Site in SharePoint 2019 (On-premise)
Microsoft has introduced modern experience in SharePoint Online before quite some time. And they introduced the same modern experience in SharePoint Server 2019.
To create Modern Team Site in SharePoint 2019 (On-premise), Open “SharePoint 2019 Central Administration” -> Click on “Application Management” as shown in below.
In the “Application Management” page, Click on “Create site collections” option which is present under the “Site Collections“.
Once you will click on “Create Site collections” option, a site collection page will come which is having the below fields:
- Web Application: Select a Web application. To create a new web application, click on the “New Web Application” link. Make sure, you should have a web application created before creating a site collection.
- Title and Description: Enter a title and description for your new Modern Team Site. The title will be displayed on each page in the Modern Team Site.
- Web Site Address: Specify the URL name and URL path to create a new Modern Team Site or choose to create a site at a specific path.
- Template Selection: Here you can see two site templates related to SharePoint Team sites like Team Site and Team Site (classic experience). To create a modern site, choose Team Site and to create classic team site choose Team site (Classic experience).
- Primary Site Collection Administrator: Specify the administrator for the site collection. Only one user login can be provided. Here, Security groups are not supported.
- Secondary Site Collection Administrator: Optionally specify a secondary site collection administrator. Here also, only one user login can be provided and security groups are not supported.
- Quota Template (Optional): Select a predefined quota template to limit resources used for the site collection.
Once all the field will over, Click on “OK” button.
After a while, You can see the Modern Team Site will be created successfully with the specified URL in SharePoint 2019 (On-premise). Click on the site URL to view the modern team site. Otherwise, Click on “OK” to return to SharePoint Central Administration as shown below.
Once you will click on the specified Modern Team Site URL, you can see your Modern Team Site Home Page. As, I have created my Modern Team Site as “TSInfo Team Site“, So the Modern Team Site Home Page looks like below screenshot.
You may like following SharePoint 2019 tutorials:
- SharePoint 2019/2016/2013/Online Supported Browser
- SharePoint 2019/2016/2013 Hardware and Software Requirements
- [Solved] Site assets library missing in SharePoint Online/2019/2016/2013
- Download SharePoint 2019 for Production Use Now
- Check out SharePoint 2013, 2016, 2010 and Moss 2007 End of Support Roadmap, Plan to Migrate to SharePoint Online or SharePoint 2019
In this SharePoint 2019 (On-premise) tutorial, We discussed how we can create a Modern Team Site in SharePoint 2019 (On-premise). Also we saw how the SharePoint 2019 Modern Team Site Home Page looks like. Hope this tutorial will helpful.
I am Bijay a Microsoft MVP (8 times – My MVP Profile) in SharePoint and have more than 15 years of expertise in SharePoint Online Office 365, SharePoint subscription edition, and SharePoint 2019/2016/2013. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies a SharePoint development, consulting, and training company. I also run the popular SharePoint website EnjoySharePoint.com