This Office 365 tutorial explains, how to create bulk users in Office 365 from a CSV file. This way we can able to add more users in the Office 365 admin center. This is one efficient way to create more than one user is Office 365 from a CSV file or Excel spreadsheet.
Add multiple users to Office 365 – Video tutorial
Subscribe to EnjoySharePoint YouTube channel for more videos.
Now we will see at a time how to add the bulk amount of the users in Office 365. Follow the below process to add multiple users to the admin center of Office 365.
Go to office 365 Admin center. Under the Home option, we can able to see Users option. In the user option, click on “Active users“, which will display all the active users in Office 365.
In the “Active users” click on More -> “Import multiple users”.
It will open the Import multiple users page, where you have to download a CSV file. Add all your user’s details and then you can upload here on the same page.
Here there are two CSV files are there:
- Download a CSV file with headers only
- Download a CSV file with headers and sample user Information
The second file contains some sample user Information also which you download to check how you should enter user information.
Download “download the CSV file with headers only” file.
Add all your user details in the CSV file and save the file and upload it again.
Come to the Import multiple users page. Go to Browse the csv from the computer and click on verify to check the error. Here there is no error. Click on Next.
Now in the “Set user options” two radio buttons are there “Sign-in-allowed” and “Signed-in-blocked”. If we blocked the signed in then created user could not able to log in. Here I have chosen the Sign-in allowed option. Now enable the license which you want to give. Here I have enabled the office 365 enterprise E3 developer.
We can able to see the message “2 users created”. Click on Send and close.
You may like following Office 365 tutorials:
- SharePoint Online Office 365 enable or disable user account
- How to Customize Office 365 login page SharePoint Online
- Add multiple Office templates as a content type to a document library in SharePoint Online/2013/2016
- What is Shared mailbox in Office 365? How to create and access SharePoint mailbox in Office 365?
- [Solved] rms online is configured for this tenant but is turned off, please turn on in office 365 to enable
- Join Office 365 Developer Program and Get One Year FREE Office 365 Developer Subscription
- Office 365 Import Tool Perfect Option for PST to Office 365 Migration
- How to set Targeted release or First Release in Office 365 tenant?
- How to Backup Office 365 Mailboxes Emails and Data – eDiscovery Tool
In the above article, we were discussed how to add or create a bulk amount of user to Office 365 admin center.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com