In this Powerapps Tutorial, We will discuss how to create a Data Table from the Excel Data using Power apps.
Also, we will see various properties and alignments of the Data table in Power Apps.
To create a Data Table From Excel Data using Power Apps, We have to follow these two steps as:
- Create an Excel file and Format that Excel file as Table
- Rename the Excel File Name and Upload it into OneDrive for Business
- Create a Canvas app from Excel using Power Apps
- Create PowerApps App for SharePoint List
- How to share PowerApps with external users
- How to display images from a SharePoint Online library in PowerApps
SharePoint Online tutorial contents:
Create and Format Excel as Table and Upload it into OneDrive for Business
Follow the below processes:
- Create an Excel file using some sample records as below.
- Open the Excel file, go to the Home tab. Click on Format as Table option and select any table format.
- Change your Excel Table name (Employee_Work_Status) and Save it.
- Upload your Excel file into any Cloud-Storage account like OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, etc.
Create a Data Table from Excel Data using Power Apps
Follow the below steps to create a Canvas app from Excel Data using Power Apps.
Step-1: (Create Canvas app from blank)
- Open the Power Apps page through the Browser. Sign in your Power Apps using Microsoft account.
- In the Power Apps page, Select the Canvas app from blank under Make your own app as shown below.
Step-2: (Specify Name for App)
- Provide a name for your new app (EmployeeExcelApp), Select any format as Tablet or Phone and then click on Create.
Step-3: (Create a New Screen)
Go to Home tab -> New screen -> Click on Blank as shown below.
Step-4: (Create a Data table)
Go to Insert tab -> Click on Data table as like below screenshot.
Step-5: (Connect to Data Source)
- Select connect to data link option in the middle of the screen.
- The Data sources will appear on the left side of the page once you clicking on the link. Expand the Connectors and select the connection for your cloud-storage account if it shows in that Data sources.
- Otherwise if it not appears, then you can easily add a new connection using +Add a connection.
- Select OneDrive for Business under the Connectors section and add your connection.
- Select the data source as Employee_Work_Status as shown below.
Step-6: (Choose an Excel file)
In the Choose a table section, select the checkbox for Employee_Work_Status and then click on to Connect. Now you can close your data pane by using a cross icon.
Now you can see the Data Table will be ready to use for your requirement. Just you need to add all fields into the Data Table.
Step-7: (Edit field Data in Data Table)
- Select the Data Table and go to the Properties tab on the right side.
- Select the Data source as Employee_Work_Status from the drop-down.
- Click on Edit fields from the Fields section.
- Click on the “+Add field” and choose one or more fields as per your requirement.
- Click on the Add button.
After adding all the fields into the Data table, you can see your records as a table format like the below screenshot.
In the Data field section, you can see the properties of each data as like:
- Control type: It specifies the control type of a field.
- Field name: It specifies the name of the field.
- Data type: It specifies the data type of a field.
- Required: It specifies the field is required or not.
Data Table Properties in Power Apps
If you want to provide some design for your Data Table in Powerapps so that it will be more attractive, then you can use the Properties tab in the Data table.
Select the Data table and go to Properties tab as shown below. You can see the properties like:
- Size: You can increase the size of your Data table by using Width and Height.
- Color: You can provide the font color.
- Font: You can change the font to any font format.
- Font size: You can provide the font size.
- Font weight: You can specify the weight of the font either Bold, Semibold, Normal, or Lighter.
- Border: You can give a border to the Data table.
- Hover color: If you want to set the color for hover, then you can set and so on.
Data Table Alignment in Power Apps
In Powerapps, suppose you want to display the Data table in the middle, right or left part of the screen as per your requirement.
In the left navigation of Powerapps screen, Go to the Tree view -> Click on Screens tab -> Click on DataTable -> Align -> Choose the align as left, right, top or center as per your requirement.
In the same way, you can use some Data table properties like Cut, Copy, Delete, Rename, etc as shown below.
Also, you may like the below Powerapps Tutorials:
- How to Create a Canvas app from SharePoint List in Power Apps
- PowerApps show hide fields based on Yes/No column
- PowerApps update data table columns
- How to use PowerApps Table() Function
- How to create and use PowerApps Collection
- How to create a login screen in Power Apps
- PowerApps gallery control filter example
- How to create tabs in PowerApps in SharePoint Online List Form
In this Powerapps Tutorial, We discussed how to create a Data Table from the Excel Data using Power apps.
Also, we saw PowerApps Data Table Properties and Alignments.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com