Here we will discuss what is a Contact Details Web Part? How to add a Contact User Details Web Part inside a web part page in SharePoint 2016, as well as we will see how we can configure contact details web part? The say way we can use contact details web part in SharePoint 2016 and SharePoint Online.
What is Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint?
In the contact details web part we will be able to see contact details of an employee like Name, ID, Mobile Number, Profile Picture etc. So here we will add a contact details web part to display the contact information of an employee.
How to add a Contact Details Web Part?
To add a Contact User Details Web Part, we can follow these below steps-
Go to the Web Part Page which is present inside the “Files” option of a “Site Page”. Then click on to the “Add a Web Part” of any one of the column whatever you want. Then it will show to choose the “Categories” and “Parts” as I have chosen the “Social Collaboration” and then “Contact Details” and then click on to “Add” for adding the Contact Details Web Part.
After adding the Web Part, here it will show the Web Part named as “Contact Details” like as below screenshot.
To add a Contact Details, click on the option as “Click here to add or modify a contact”. similarly, another way to add a Contact Details is, go to the “.” option which is present at the right side of the “Contact Details”. Then click on to “Edit Web Part”.
After add or modify a contact, a “Contact Details Tool Pane” box will appear at the right side like the below screenshot.
In this “Contact Details Tool Pane” box, we have to check the list and give a Contact Name as I have given as “Bijay K. Sahoo”. Here if you want to browse the Contact Name then you can browse through the browser option. Then click on “Apply” and “OK”.
Here it will show the Contact Name as “Bijay K. Sahoo” in the Contact Details Web Part as like given screenshot.
If you want to upload the image icon of that Contact Person, Then you can edit the Contact Details and upload the image by its corresponding image upload option. Here I uploaded an image of “Bijay K. Sahoo” in the given screenshot.
Here if you want to add multiple Contact, then it will not allow to add another or multiple Contact at a time. For that you have to choose another Web Part. So it allows only one Contact in one Web Part. For example, here I added another Contact as “Preeti”, but it is displaying an error as “You are only allowed to enter one item”. so the solution for adding another Contact Details is, we have to choose another Web Part.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
Hence we discussed what is a Contact Details Web Part, how to add a Contact User Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016 which are mentioned in the above steps.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com