In my previous article, we have discussed how to configure SSRS, now we will see the Configure SSRS in a Site Collection in SharePoint 2013/2016. Now that we have installed SSRS login to SharePoint Central admin server as FARM administrator and perform the below steps.
Ensure that “SQL Server Reporting Services Service” as part of Services in server central admin.
Then Open SharePoint 2013/2016 Central administration -> Application Management -> Service applications -> Manage service on server.
Now we need to create SSRS service application in Central Administration. Select Central administration -> Application Management -> Service applications -> Manage Service Application
Provide all the details to create SSRS service application as shown below and click on OK
As soon as the service application got created it will be listed as below:
Once the service application created successfully navigate any site collection where you want to deploy an SSRS report. Then Navigate to site settings and site collection features.
Locate “Report Server Integration” feature deactivate and activate the feature
Now create a document library “Data Connections” attach reporting service content types by enabling content types in a library advanced settings.
Open any library and Library settings -> Advanced settings -> Allow management of content types to “Yes” and click on OK
Now click on “Add from existing site content types” as part of library settings. Now attach the below-listed content types to library:
- Report Builder Model
- Report Data Source
- Report Builder Report
Now you should see 3 different options when you click on the new item in the document library.
Now we have completed configuring SharePoint to render SSRS reports.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- How to Configure User Profile Service Application in SharePoint 2016/2013
- The managed metadata service or connection is currently not available SharePoint online
- Installation of one or more roles, role services, or features failed. The source files could not be found while installing net framework 3.5 on windows server 2016
- SharePoint cannot complete this action as the Secure Store Shared Service is not responding
- The Secure Store Service application Secure Store Service is not accessible SharePoint 2016
- Create a task scheduler in windows 10 for SharePoint
- Power BI Quick Insights
I this SharePoint tutorials helps to know how to configure SSRS in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint 2016.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com