This SharePoint Online tutorial explains, classic vs modern SharePoint search experience. We will discuss what are the key difference between the classic search experience and modern search experience in SharePoint O
SharePoint online contains two type of search in it.
- SharePoint Classic search experience
- SharePoint Modern search experience
If you are new to SharePoint Online modern experience you can read below SharePoint Online modern experience tutorials:
- SharePoint Online modern experience
- SharePoint Online Modern List: Explore 11 New Features
- Quick Chart Web Part in Modern SharePoint Online Site
- SharePoint Online Group Calendar Web Part Tutorial
- Hero Web Part in SharePoint Online Modern Site
- How to set modern home page in classic SharePoint site in SharePoint Online Office 365?
- Add Calendar List in the Modern SharePoint Online Site Pages
- How to add a new user and assign a license in Office 365
Now we will see some main difference between classic search experience and Modern search experience in SharePoint Online Office 365.
Both the SharePoint Classic search experience and modern search experience uses the same search index to find the result in the SharePoint online.
We can build the classic search result in the web part page in SharePoint. But we could not build the modern search result in a SharePoint web part page.
One more thing we can not customize the modern search result page or we can not create a new search result page in the SharePoint site.
The modern search will see the personalized result that means for every one result is not same, what you see the result that is not same for the other even if both are typed same keyword. You can able to see the result before you type the full sentence typing.
For the modern search settings, there are separate search settings, some of the classic search settings applied for the modern search. For example as both the modern search experience and classic search experience using search index to finding the result. So the search scheme (this is to collect the content and retrieved from the search box) will
In the above SharePoint tutorial, we discussed some of the differences between the SharePoint Online modern search experience and classic search experience.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com