This SharePoint tutorial, we will discuss how we can change the look and feel of SharePoint 2016/2013/Online site through the browser. We will see here how easily we can change the look and feel of a SharePoint 2016 site, from Change the look feature.
SharePoint 2013 onwards versions, Microsoft provides Change the look feature through which you can easily change the look and feel of the site. Click on the gear icon and then click on Site Settings.
In the Site Settings page click on “Change the look” link which is under Look and Feel.
By default SharePoint 2016 provides various Themes like Orange, Sea Monster, Green, Lime, Nature, Blossom, Sketch, City, Orbit, Grey, Characters, Office, Breeze, Immerse, Red, Purple, and Wood.
To change to any theme, click any one of the themes and then click on Try it out -> like below:
Here also you can change the Color, Site Layout and Fonts also. The difference between Seattle and Oslo layout is that in Osolo you left navigation will be hidden.
Then it will display in preview how your site is appearing in the new theme. If you want to keep the theme then click on Yes, Keep it or to go back to your current theme, click on No, not quite there like below:
All the above things are coming from Composed Looks which is a document library which has all the information. There will few things:
- Master Page URL
- Theme URL
- Image URL
- Font Scheme URL
- Display Order
Read some SharePoint site customization tutorials:
- Customize Modern SharePoint Online Site
- SharePoint Online left navigation and top Navigation branding using CSS
- Create and Deploy a custom theme in SharePoint Online
- How to Set up Alerts in SharePoint Online Modern List using Alert Me Feature
- SharePoint Carousel Example
- Save list as template missing in SharePoint Online modern team site
- Enable or Disable Notebook Link in SharePoint Online classic and modern sites
- Customize quick launch navigation in SharePoint
- Managed Path in SharePoint 2016/2013
The same way you can change the look and feel of SharePoint online as well as SharePoint 2013 sites.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com