This Nintex tutorial, we will discuss how to create a cascading dropdown in Nintex forms for Office 365 in SharePoint Online.
Here I have a Nintex form, which has two dropdown list Country and State. The country list we will populate from a SharePoint Online list. And based on the Country dropdown list selection, the corresponding State dropdown list will get populated from another list.
Cascading dropdown in Nintex forms for Office 365
Step 1: Here is my SharePoint Online site I have Created a “Country” list like below.
Step 2: Then I have created another list as “State“. In this list, I have added the Country column which is a Lookup column.
Step 3: Then I have Created a “City” list. In this list, select State and Country columns are Lookup type.
Step 4: Open the SharePoint list, then from the ribbon List tab and click on Nintex form, you will get the Nintex Designer view (here select “Responsive Form”). it will be shown form as a below screenshot. I placed the columns in order for our requirements.
Step 5: Click on “State” control, Next go to Control tab, click on “Control settings” (or go to “Designer ” tab there click on “Properties” button). In “Control Settings- State” window, go to the “filtering “section as shown below.
- In filtering Section, Choose “By a control’s value” from “Filter available selections“.
- Now it is very important to manually enter the column name Country in the “Where field*” section. Do NOT choose anything from the “Insert Reference list”.
- Choose “Country” from the “Filtered by control” drop-down menu. Make sure “Action when no filter applied” is “Show none“. See the screenshot below.
Step 6: Save and Publish the form.
Step 7: Now see the below screenshot, the countries from the country drop-down menu.
Step 8: Select Country “India” from the drop-down menu, now State drop-down menu will be populated with all the states associated with the selected Country as shown below.
Step 9: Now Enter the”City” name and click on “save” button.
Step 10: See the SharePoint Online City list and you can see an item has been added.
You may like following Nintex tutorials:
- Create SharePoint Site Collection and Site using Nintex Workflow for Office 365
- Create and add a user to SharePoint Group using Nintex Workflow for office 365
- How to use lookup function in Nintex forms for office 365 SharePoint Online
- How to make a field mandatory based on Dropdown selected field Value in Nintex forms for Office 365
- How to Add Custom CSS in Nintex form for Office 365 SharePoint Online
- Nintex Forms: Enable or Disable Save Button Based on Checkbox (Choice field) in SharePoint Online
- Nintex Forms for Office 365: Show Hide Fields on Multiple Choices Checkbox in List Form in SharePoint Online
- How to Create and Customize SharePoint Online List form using Nintex forms for Office 365
- Cascading Dropdown in SharePoint List using jQuery
Here in this Nintex tutorial, we have discussed how we can use the cascading lookup column in Nintex Forms for Office 365 SharePoint Online.
I have shown a Nintex Forms for Office 365 example which was having Country and State dropdown list. Once a user select a Country from the Country drop-down list, corresponding State will be auto-populated in Nintex Form in Office 365 SharePoint Online.
I am Bijay from Odisha, India. Currently working in my own venture TSInfo Technologies in Bangalore, India. I am Microsoft Office Servers and Services (SharePoint) MVP (5 times). I works in SharePoint 2016/2013/2010, SharePoint Online Office 365 etc. Check out My MVP Profile.. I also run popular SharePoint web site EnjoySharePoint.com