In this tutorial, we will discuss what is a blog tools web part in SharePoint? How we can add a Blog Tool Web part into a web part page in SharePoint2016 and what are the options we can get like create a post, Manage posts, Manage comments, Manage categories will discuss in brief. We can use the blog tools web part in SharePoint 2013 or SharePoint online also.
Blog Tool web Part in SharePoint
Blog Tool Web part Provides blog owners and administrators with quick links to common settings pages and content lists for managing a blog site in SharePoint 2016.
Add a Blog Tool Web part in SharePoint 2016 web part page
Open the web part page. Click on “Add a Web Part”.
Click on Blog from Category Column and then select Blog Tools also select add a part to a location according to the template selected while creating the Web Part in SharePoint 2016.
As we can see a Blog Tool Web Part is added which looks as below with quick links to common settings pages.
Click on “Create a post” allows to create a Post to accessed members and Site owners here you can create a Post starting with Title and body. You can select a category and add the Blog under that category with publish date and time.
Clicking on “manage post” allows owners to edit delete and view items that are present in the Advanced option allows to manage permissions compliance details, follow and Workflows.
Click on “manage comments” will show the comments on different blogs and settings to manage comments which are given on different blogs. Here you can edit the comment delete and view items with other advanced settings.
Clicking on “Manage Categories” we can manage the categories under which Blogs are posted. Here we can edit add delete view and have some advanced settings like manage permissions and workflows.
Moving towards the last setting in Blog Tools you can change post layout where we find a dropdown to choose how the content of the blogs looks like. By default, it comes up with Basic Layout which can be changed to Boxed or inline.
You can click on edit web part which helps in editing the web part like Appearance, layout and Advance settings here we can edit Title adjust Height and Width and In Chrome State If we Minimize the web part will disappear from the page. We can also edit settings in Layout and Advanced.
Read 20 SharePoint web part examples:
- Picture Library Slideshow Web Part in SharePoint Online
- Relevant document web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site users web part SharePoint 2016
- Get started with your Site Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is a Blog Notification web part and how to use blog notification web part in SharePoint 2016?
- Blog Archives Web Part in SharePoint 2016 or SharePoint Online
- Script Editor Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- Media Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- What is List Filter Web Part? How to Configure and Use List Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016?
- Join web part in SharePoint 2016 in a community site
- What is Tools web part in community site in SharePoint 2016?
- Contact Details Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- HTML Form Web Part in SharePoint 2016
- My membership web part in SharePoint 2016
- Image Viewer web part in SharePoint 2016
- Text Filter Web part in SharePoint 2016
- Query string filter web part in SharePoint 2016
- Site Aggregator web part in SharePoint 2016
- Current User Filter Web Part in SharePoint 2016
In this post, we discussed how to create a Blog Tool Web part in SharePoint2016 and what are different quick links to common settings pages and the Edit Web Part. Same steps can be followed in SharePoint 2013 to create a Blog Tool web Part.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”