In this SharePoint PnP tutorial, we will discuss how to solve error which comes while adding SharePointPnPCoreOnline dll from Nuget package in visual studio 2017. If you will use PnP dlls in SharePoint Add-in development then it will increase the productivity of the developers by abstracting complex operations.
Recently when I was downloading SharePoint Online PnP dll through Nuget package in visual studio 2017, it gave an error:
An installation file didn’t download
After nine attempts there was a problem downloading the following file which is required to continue.
Select Retry to try downloading the file again.
Select Cancel to cancel the visual studio install. It looks like below:
After nine attempts there was a problem downloading the following file which is required to continue
The Solution was little strange, we were using wifi to download it. It seems there was some problem in wifi.
We connect through internet cable and this time it downloaded perfectly.
You may like following SharePoint tutorials:
- Getting Started with PnP PowerShell – SharePoint 2013/2016/SharePoint Online
- Assembly OfficeDevPnp.Core with identity OfficeDevPnp.Core Version 2.15.1705.0 uses Microsoft.SharePoint.Client version 188.8.131.52 which has a higher version than referenced assembly
- [Solved] The property or field Url has not been initialized. It has not been requested or the request has not been executed. It may need to be explicitly requested error in SharePoint 2013/2016/Online
- Add SharePoint 2016/2013 List/Library Columns to view programmatically using
serverobject model in Visual Studio 2017
- Create Site Columns programmatically in SharePoint 2016/2013 using Server Object Model in Visual Studio 2017
- Create a Document Library with Columns programmatically in SharePoint 2016/2013 using Visual Studio 2017
- Visual studio code change font and background color
Hope this will help to resolve error After nine attempts there was a problem downloading the following file which is required to continue visual studio 2017.
Hello Everyone!! I am Bhawana a SharePoint MVP and having about 10+ years of SharePoint experience as well as in .Net technologies. I have worked in all the versions of SharePoint from wss to Office 365. I have good exposure in Customization and Migration using Nintex, Metalogix tools. Now exploring more in SharePoint 2016 🙂 Hope here I can contribute and share my knowledge to the fullest. As I believe “There is no wealth like knowledge and no poverty like ignorance”